Thursday 1 January 2015

Skid row

We all know the United States has homeless people, I was shocked at the sheer number and concentration of homeless people in Los Angeles. I just happened to walk through the area and the stench of urine was over-powering, it makes you feel kind of nervous although I wasn't harassed at any stage.


I now find out this is the highest concentration of homeless people in the United States numbering up to 6000 people, the fact there is actually a place named skid row, that amazes me. I wondered what is being done to address this issue, I am guessing not a whole lot. To walk past and see the plight of the homeless in a rich developed country is just mind blowing, this is not a third world country although here you could be mistaken - this is such a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment