Monday 22 September 2014

A day in Gibraltar gone wrong

We took the bus from sleepy Algeciras to Gibraltar, once on the bus, it was an "oh no" moment, my passport was back in the hotel room. Still, I wasn't sure, the rest of Europe has an open border system, I hadn't once shown my passport moving between countries once we landed in Rome.

Today wasn't the case, full immigration inspection at the border, our view of Gibraltar was from the border.


I don't think there is much to actually see in Gibraltar, but now we will never know. I have viewed Google maps, there doesn't seem to be much. By the scores of English tourists filing across the border with bag in tow, I guess this is the aircraft hub from the UK.


You could see a number of hotels in the distance, more like a place to land and sleep.

The time was midday, I quickly raced back to the bus station to check on the bus timetable, the next one was 2:15, the one after 3:45 and the 7:00 had been cancelled for some time.

So, I walked back to McDonalds where I had prearranged to meet Noriko, of course, she was nowhere to be found, back to the bus station just in case she went there, once again, no Noriko.

The chances of us spending the day in La Línea de la Concepción were fading, instead this day was rapidly shrinking, today was turning out to be yet another disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment