Monday 10 November 2014

Atlanta Airport

Arriving at the hub that is Atlanta airport, I am surprised that the actual airport is somewhat dowdy. What isn't disappointing is the comings and goings involved; Delta has a huge involvement here, a number of concourse were dedicated to Delta flights. I was almost left with the impression that Alanta airport was Delta airport - such was their span of control.


This was the first time I had flown internally in the United States, I was very impressed at the level of organisation. Flights arrive, people change planes for final destinations, I have learned that there aren't many direct flights in the US, the airlines all use the hub business model. Atlanta airport is a pretty slick operation, the number of flights was mind blowing, scheduling must be a nightmare, this isn't even the busiest airport in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment