Sunday 16 November 2014

Bourbon Street

Since we were in New Orleans, the sun was setting and we only had one destination on our minds, the world renown Bourbon Street. Famous for its jazz bars, I was looking forward to a night out, I even drank a couple of bourbon and dry during the course of the evening.


The street was cordoned off allowing only pedestrian traffic, I quickly learned, every night is a party night on Bourbon Street.

This is pretty much a drinking street, the street itself was smaller than I expected, there was however bar after bar with touts lined up trying to get you inside. The street reeked of urine and vomit, you wouldn't want to fall over, you would need immediate detoxing.

During the day, the street is pretty lively, the bars open nice and early, I couldn't believe the time people start drinking here, there was plenty of strange and interesting characters out and about during the day, there was plenty of tourists like ourselves out snapping photographs as well.

Bourbon Street is not to be missed when in New Orleans, I must admit, I would quickly tire of this place though.

No comments:

Post a Comment