Monday 24 November 2014

Memphis International Airport

We had a motel close to the Memphis international airport, what a surprise we received as our bus heading downtown sped up a ramp and we were able to peer over the airport high wall. The tarmac was full, every jet however was painted in Fedex colours, we did not view one commercial passenger jet parked on the apron.


I get the feeling the term international airport relates to Fedex business activities and nothing else. Every American airport I saw seemed to have the designation, I tend to believe owing to the hub business model, not many international flights tend to originate or end at most of these airports. Later when we arrived downtown and walked Main Street, the maps showed Fedex Plaza at the end of the tourist precinct. Without any research, I'm starting to think Fedex is headquartered in Memphis, a fact, if true, I was unaware of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment