Thursday 22 May 2014

Flying over Muscat

The benefit of modern entertainment systems on aircraft means you know exactly where you are at all times. As I peered out of the window towards the Gulf of Oman, I viewed the Arabic city from 40,000 feet. Quickly glancing back to the flight path displayed on the screen, I was able to identify the city as Muscat as we flew over Oman heading towards our destination, Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates. I wondered about the life there, the struggles of the ordinary people, their hopes and aspirations and their happiness levels. The city looked interesting from the air, I rued my missed opportunity to visit this city. I am interested in visiting more of the middle east, the interesting cultures dating back to ancient times, the buildings and the famed arab hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment