Wednesday 21 May 2014

Sydney to Dubai

It was an amazing flight from Sydney to Dubai, after spending the night at Sydney international airport, no sleep was had. Stepping onto the A380, I quickly understood the flight was basically empty, this was going to be an excellent 14 hour ride. I was seated by myself on an outside row, no one in either the rows ahead or behind. Noriko was seated up front in a different seat, finally wandering down before push back to accompany me.

As the plane slowly rumbled down the taxiway, the sun was just rising above the Pacific Ocean, hailing from the west coast, a sun rise over the ocean is an event to be witnessed wide awake. While I wished to grab a shot out of the window, the use of electronic equipment was still not allowed and I missed the photo opportunity climbing over the metropolis of Sydney, the darkness of the water, the streets and buildings lit and the redness of the sky marking the approaching day.


We would be chasing the daylight, despite being in the air for fourteen odd hours landing approximately two thirty in the afternoon. We were able to sleep as long as we wanted, I kept my watch on Sydney time actually losing track of time as the window shades were down the whole time. This was the best long haul flight I have ever undertaken, I thought the flight from Perth was empty, this exceeded my expectations, the top deck of the aircraft was not only empty, it was roped off so I couldn't even wander upstairs for a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment