Tuesday 6 May 2014

Morcone - Italy

I reckon it has been about ten years since I have headed across to Morcone, a small beachside village near Capoliveri on the Italian island of Elba. The main attraction of Morcone is the small strip of beach nestled between smallish rocky cliffs.


An absolute hotspot for sun worshipping European tourists generally driving across the continent, through Italy and boarding the ferry from the port city of Piombino to Portoferraio for a short one hour journey. My last trip from Zurich to Milan on an overnight train saw nothing but hassles resulting in a missed connection, fights, struggles and sleeping at some out of the way regional train station I have no idea where.
I won't be going back to Elba anytime soon, accommodation is absolutely outrageous and I think I could find better beaches elsewhere in Italy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment