Sunday 22 June 2014

Munich to Prague

The train trip was somewhat eventful, we purchased our from the die Bahn office with 30 minutes to departure, just enough time to grab some food and a coffee each before running to the platform clutching food and drinks. We firstly boarded the wrong carriage, we later found out they split the train along the way removing carriages and adding a few too. Ok, last three carriages are ours - we are off.


At Landshut, they split the train and after a delay, we headed off in the other direction, we went from being the last carriage to first, a failure of one of the carriage systems saw us jumping off 2nd class and grabbing a 1st class berth.


That is where my luck ran out, plugging in my Samsung charger to the train system only to fry the charger, as it was connected to my tablet, I was lucky to not damage that too. I could actually feel the charge running through my finger when I umplugged it from the tablet. To my mind, the battery does not have the same capacity anymore - maybe it is just me.


This is all new for Noriko, arriving late in an unknown city unsure of our next move, we were propositioned for accommodation and lifts in the near empty station, we declined but I was feeling a sense of urgency as I wasn't keen on sleeping in the station, no power points anywhere - amazing.

Due to the delay swapping carriages, we arrived late in Prague, only just before midnight and we hadn't organised accommodation yet. With my battery nearing shutdown, I was able to quickly get onto Booking.com and make a reservation, as the clock had slipped past midnight, the booking was for the next day so off we headed on a flagged taxi hopeful of getting a bed for the night.

The hotel was shut, I felt some pangs of anxiety sweep through me -where to next? All was good, I hear the dull mechanical click of the locking mechanism turning, the door opens, we are stepping inside and a room is available, we are set tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment