Monday 23 June 2014

Searching for the sites

Searching the banks of the Vltava River looking for the sites depicted in the INXS filmclip Never Tear us Apart was an important pilgramage whilst in Prague.


Just a week before Noriko and myself departed for our European trip, we were standing graveside at Fremantle cemetery as Pablo's casket was lowered into the ground; the solumn Never Tear us Apart played in the background.


This song was played at the church at Michael Hutchence's funeral, critically acclaimed as the best song of the best album INXS produced.


After much searching, I think we found most sites near Charles Bridge, the astronomical clock on the southern wall of the old town hall, Prague Castle and along the banks of river where much of the filmclip was filmed.


I didn't have the benefit of being able to play the clip on my tablet before arriving, I was running pretty much on memory, we were also there in June, not the frosty autumn morning depicted in the clip with the leaves falling from the trees.


Regardless, I was able to reflect on the life of my brother-in-law in Prague, his life achievements and legacy, he will live on through his son Samuel, I am glad to have known him.

No comments:

Post a Comment