Wednesday 18 June 2014

Training from Venice to Munich

Looking out my window as we speed across the bridge from Venice to Mestre, I reflect on our short time in Italy and what lays ahead. Venice was a disappointment because we were so far out, the transport strike and associated problems.


We are taking the EC train from Venice to Munich, we skip along to Verona before heading up through the schenic Italian alps on route to Munich. As we approach Trento, I notice snowcaps on the higher mountain peaks in May.


Vineyards line both sides of the tracks as the train pulls up through the valley on a slight gradient heading towards Austria, we notice some small trees replacing the vines, I'm guessing olive trees, but I'm not really sure.


The tickets were not cheap, but I do not care, once across the border at Brenner and into Austria, this scenic tour stepped up a notch.


We had a short 15 minute interval to change electric locomotives,  the Austrian police jumped aboard for a quick walk around, looking for people acting in a suspicious manner as the quickly walked past not bothering with passports.

No comments:

Post a Comment