Thursday 21 August 2014

Hotel de la Faculté

The feedback on booking.com was not great, we were having trouble logging on to a WiFi at the Marseille train station, the connection was really slow after we had already arrived after quickly leaving Lyon without booking ahead.

The place was cheap and close to the train station, I don't need much in the way of hotels, so I wasn't too worried. Big mistake, this place wasn't that cheap and was terribly run. The room was home to a squadron of mosquito, they kept you up buzzing around all night, waking up full of bites, I believe flea bites compounded with the mosquito squadron ensured you were active scratching all day.

The room was dirty, old and run down, I don't mind old and run down, but they should make the effort to clean properly. The toilet nearly fell over when I sat on it, if an effort was made to secure it to the floor, I would be surprised. Naturally, it wouldn't flush correctly - oh well.

We had a small room on the first floor, outside, a television blarred to well past 2 am, once the TV was finally shutdown, the slamming of doors and crashing around the place continued well past 3 am, the crashing around was happening while the TV played, soccer world cup was on. I mistakenly thought it would finish once the TV was switched on - wrong.

We slept in late, woke up around 10 am so missed half the morning, we arrived the day before and hit the pavement, this was going to be our only full day in Marseille, we would catch the 8:30 am train to Montpellier the next morning. I was annoyed at sleeping so late, even if we got to sleep at 3 am, we didn't, it was just the last time I looked at my watch in my anger, I was awake much later than this then we would be sleeping in. The next night, some moron was banging on the door in a fit of rage at 4 am, it just doesn't stop there.

On a positive note, the WiFi connection is really fast, the location is close to the train station and not far from the harbour - that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment